Cleansing removes the dust and dirt that chokes the pores on the skin. Most people do this 1-2 times a day, this is adequate for normal skin. But for oily skin types a more frequent cleaning is very essential. Using either a soap bar or scrub.
* Always wash your hands clean first. This will prevent the transfer of bacteria to your face.
* Soap and water do tend to remove the impurities but are incapable of removing make up completely, hence proper cleansing is required.
* Depending on whether your skin is normal to oily or normal to dry, you should use cleansers and products that are formulated for your skin type.
* Wash your face using a gentle cleaser, with fingers, moving in a circular motion.
* Upwards and outwards movements have frequently been suggested as the right way to apply all kinds of cream to the face. Leave the cleanser on for a minute or two, so as to loosen the dirt and dust.