Ever wonder why you see those strips of carrot in your salad everyday? Carrots may not be a deal breaker for you when it comes to choosing food, but should be when it comes to cosmetics. We at Clear Essence Cosmetics have just introduced our new My Natural Beauty Skin Tone Carrot Oil Soap and would like to let you in to why carrots were our choice. Here are some facts about carrots you may have not known:
- The Ancient Greeks called the carrot a philtron, which translates to “love charm.” They believed the carrot made both men and women more amorous.
- Carrots were first grown as medicine, not food, for a variety of ailments.
- Carrots are about 87% water.
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, providing more than 200% of your daily requirement in just one carrot.
- Carrots also are loaded with beta-carotene, a compound that is naturally converted to vitamin A when consumed.
- Carrots’ antioxidant compounds help protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer and also promote good vision, especially night vision.
Haven’t tried the My Natural Beauty Skin Tone Carrot Oil Soap? Check it out here at http://www.clearessence.com/my-natural-beauty-skin-tone-carrot-oil-soap.html.