We have been told that exercising and a healthy diet are ways to go if you want to have a long energetic life. This is absolutely true yet what some people do not know is that these two great habits also help achieve a beautiful healthy skin. Exercise Exercising is very important when it comes […]
Clear Essence Blog
Food and Skin
We have been told that exercising and a healthy diet are ways to go if you want to have a long energetic life. This is absolutely true yet what some people do not know is that these two great habits also help achieve a beautiful healthy skin.
Exercising is very important when it comes to a healthy skin. Why you might ask? Well, the answer is simple; it helps nourish skin cells. Also, it increases blood flow and detoxifies the body by sweating. All activities that make your heart rate go up, produces you to sweat. With that sweat you are getting rid of toxins the body do not need and that is exactly what we want because you are cleansing the skin.
Tips to begin working out
• Start small: whether you are coming back to the routine, or you are completely new to the journey, it is key to start small and build your way up. Please know any movement is better than no movement at all.
• Make one change at a time: you have already decided you are all in for this journey. Well, begin by preparing your clothes the night before. Doing that simple change, will set your mind to your new lifestyle. Being prepared will also help avoid any excuses towards those early morning runs or workout sessions.
• Commitment: this is the most important of all. Promise yourself you will work out 3 times a week and stick to it: this is called commitment to oneself. You cannot let yourself down.
• Find something you enjoy doing: if do not like exercising, you should find some type of activity you actually enjoy and take advantage to burn calories while performing it. It might be a sport, yoga, dancing, or hiking. Whatever the activity is try to take to most out of it.
Have you heard that saying “you are what you eat”? Having a healthy diet is key to maintain a fit body, however, the benefits do not stop there. The food you eat highly impacts your skin and complexion. According to Dr. Jessica Wu, dermatologist, “food gets digested and broken down into vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that your body can use to build healthy skin.” For instance, if your diet does not include enough protein, you are depriving your body from amino acids, which produce collagen and elastic tissue. Collagen makes the skin stronger and elastic tissue makes the skin supple. It is important to treat skin from within to maximize results.
Tips for eating healthier
• Avoid sugar: when we consume sugar, it travels fast to the bloodstream, making insulin levels to increase rapidly, which could aggravate acne, wrinkles, and rashes.
• Colorful vegetables: if you want a beautiful complexion, you must include red, yellow, and green vegetables. Vegetables from these three colors have a lot of nutrients that will contribute to a healthy skin
• Fatty acids and Omega-3: add food that contain fatty acids and Omega-3 such as chia seeds, flax-seed, and walnut because they boost collagen production.
• Hydration: water plays a big role because hydration helps flush out toxins from your body.
Although what goes inside helps us look good on the outside, you should also use products that are going to add that extra protection or treat specific issues your skin might be experiencing. Head to our Clear Essence best sellers page to get your favorite products! One thing that will always serve your skin right is sunscreen application daily. Adding this simple but easy step is an effective way to prevent wrinkles, sun discolorations and darkening to the skin! Our My Natural Beauty Moisturizing Body Lotion with SPF 15 is suitable for all skin types and daily application. Don’t forget a beautiful complexion is a combination of treating your skin inside and out!
Moisturizers are incredibly important for the skin care because they promote hydration and health in general. It helps to rebuild a barrier that protects the skin after you cleanse it. However, sometimes, it can become difficult to choose just the right moisturizer for your skin type. Choosing the ideal moisturizer for your skin type is crucial to obtain all the benefits your skin needs. We want you to be informed and understand that you might be using the incorrect moisturizers. Keep reading you will find five signs you are doing it wrong.
Oil Based Formulas (Oily skin)
The main purpose of moisturizers is to keep your skin hydrated. On the contrary, of your current moisturizer is giving you that extra shine or makes you look like a greasy pan ready to pour your cake mix. Well, it is time to QUIT it. So, if you have oily skin, you must avoid oil-based formulas. Look for products that contain these ingredients glycerine, dimethicone, and niacinaide such as our My Natural Beauty Lotion with SPF, which is an ultra-lightweight, virtually invisible natural sunscreen offering SPF 15 protection.
Ingredients that Clog Pores (Acne)
Moisturizers that make you breakout need to leave your life immediately. Usually thick, cream-based formulas increase oil and sebum to the skin, causing acne. We suggest our Skin Lightening Serum for oily skin types as this light weight gel products sits on top of the skin rather than soaking into pores. Avoid comedogenic ingredients because they might clog pores and look for ingredients that reduce acne instead such as salicylic acid and retinol. If you want to know a little bit more about this matter, this article may help you.
More Moisturization (Dry Patches)
If you are using moisturizers daily and you still have dry areas, you need to change your game and ditch that moisturizer right away. During the cold months, people with dry skin get drier when they are not prepared with a good moisturizer. Look for moisturizers that are rich and help to lock in your body’s natural oils. Look for ingredients such as isopropyl palmitate, which reduces skin dryness and flaking, and cetyl alcohol, a fatty alcohol used for its lubricating and moisturizing properties. You can find those ingredients in our Skin Beautifying Milk, a moisturizing body lotion that eliminates dry skin and dark spots to reveal an even skin tone.
Redness or Irritation
This is the most obvious sign if your moisturizers is giving you irritation, please stop use immediately. People with sensitive skin are the one most exposed and affected by this issue. If this is your case, we recommend you to test new product first in other area of your body such as your elbow to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Clear Essence offers a sensitive line for people with sensitive skin which includes Clear Essence Sensitive Line Skin Beautifying Milk. It is used for a full body even skin tone and moisturized glow.
Last but not least…
Sun Spots and Discoloration
Moisturizers have nothing to do with sun spots and discoloration. These issues are caused by sun damage. If you begin to notice these matters in your skin, it might be time for you to upgrade to a skin care routine to better serve your complexion. There are moisturizers that can help firm and brighten the skin. With Clear Essence you can’t go wrong, our Skin Beautifying Milk is a moisturizer that eliminates dark spots and tones the skin.
When using a moisturizer, it is key to acknowledge the signs your skin is giving you to continue use or change. Do not ignore them because it’d only worsen the issues you might have.
Moisturizers are incredibly important for the skin care because they promote hydration and health in general. It helps to rebuild a barrier that protects the skin after you cleanse it. However, sometimes, it can become difficult to choose just the right moisturizer for your skin type. Choosing the ideal moisturizer for your skin type is […]