Have you ever given much thought to your skincare regimen before bed? Most of us are in the habit of cleansing and moisturizing our skin before leaving the house in the morning, but there are some things you can do at bedtime to make sure you wake up looking your best. Take a look at these simple tips to see how easy it is to be a sleeping beauty every night!
- Read the labels- many of us wake up to darkness under our eyes. There can be a big difference in treatments options- if your problem is related to poor blood flow, look for creams that strengthen capillary walls. However, if the skin under your eyes has darker pigment, you would get more help from an eye cream with hydroquinone to erase hyperpigmentation, like Clear Essence Skin Lightening Serum for the treatment of stubborn or hard to fade skin discolorations, especially for delicate areas such as around the eyes.
- Fight skin dehydration by running a mister or humidifier in your bedroom. Humidifiers are inexpensive and allow you to wake up to softer skin, especially during harsh, cold weather.
- Wash up….remove daily pollutants, cosmetics, dirt and oil before going to bed. If you don’t cleanse your skin each night then debris stays with you and clogs pores. If you like a low maintenance routine, then use Clear Essence Medicated Cleansing Bar which is a sulfur based cleanser that won’t strip your skin and removes bacteria and germs that cause acne and blemishes!
- Apply a moisturizer to bind moisture to your skin all night long. We like our Lemon Plus Vitamin A Body Crème which is lightweight to keep skin hydrated. Not too thick and not too thin- this moisturizer is just right!
- Waking up looking puffy around the eyes? Keep 2 spoons in the fridge and apply them to the eye area while you wait for your coffee to brew. And try sleeping on your back with 2 pillows propping you up at night – this will keep fluids from pooling and creating puffiness.
- To avoid damaging your skin and hair, sleep on satin pillow cases. No more face creases in the morning! This affordable luxury is a must for every sleeping beauty- so sleep well!