Congratulations to all those new moms AND moms-to-be out there! Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman’s life, but the significant hormonal changes can create some unique concerns for daily skincare. Although some women quickly achieve that “pregnancy glow”, others will find that their skin completely changes during and after pregnancy- and not always for the better. Here are some suggestions for common concerns:
- Rising levels of estrogen and progesterone can lead to adult acne during the first trimester and during baby’s first year as hormones regulate back to “normal”. It is ideal to ask your physician about what to use for acne, but most experts agree that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are safe for daily use. Try Clear Essence Blemish Control Wash Formula containing salicylic acid and meant to dry up oil and sebum secretions in order to prevent new acne from forming.
- You may find that your skin becomes incredibly sensitive during pregnancy. Even products that you have used for years may begin seem too harsh. Look for products geared for sensitive skin that are not exposing you to harsh fillers and additives. Clear Essence’s Vitamin C Series contains all natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals while improving your skin tone and brightness. Main ingredients include Licorice Extract, Vitamins A, C, and E, Lemon Extract, Shea Butter, Ginseng and Aloe.
- The average woman will put on 25-35 pounds during her pregnancy. While the ever-expanding waistline is unavoidable, Clear Essence Adure Brightening Stretch Mark Crème minimizes the appearance of stretch marks, dimples, cellulite on dark skin while improving suppleness and elasticity, and it is ESPECIALLY recommended during pregnancy and weight changes to prevent stretch marks!
- Noticing darker pigmentation on your face- particularly on your cheekbones and upper lip? You may be experiencing melasma, commonly known as pregnancy mask which often begins during pregnancy and can last for some time. You can limit its impact with regular application of SPF. Sun exposure triggers more activity in the melanocytes which darkens the pigment. Our Clear Essence Medicated Fade Crème is also formulated to lighten facial dark spots that occur as a result of acne, pregnancy and overexposure to the sun. Try our Extra Strength formula with SPF 15!
- Feeling that your skin has a dull, dry, dark complexion? Not everyone gets a glow while pregnant and sleep deprivation pretty much inevitable after baby is born! Our Skin Beautifying Oil can be added to bath water for a relaxing blend of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, lavender and rosemary essential oils, and chamomile extract to soothe the skin while giving it a sultry sheen!