Frequently Asked Questions
Questions on Ordering Products through www.ClearEssence.com
Questions about Clear Essence Skin Care Products
- Yes, we ship our skin care products around the globe.
- Yes, we accept Money Order and Cashier’s Check, but please call us at 800-423-0306 to place your order over the phone, before sending in your payment.
- Yes, please call us at 800-423-0306 to place your order over the phone.
- We’ve been in the skin care business for more than 20 years, with a rating of “A+” by the Better Business Bureau. Our natural skin care products are effective. Our website features a secured Shopping cart with 256 bit of SSL system ensures your privacy. Additionally, we offer a 30 days money back guarantee; just send us back the unused partition within 30 days from the date you received your skin care product, and we’ll refund the full purchase price back to your account, less the shipping charges.
- All Domestic skin care orders are expected to arrive within 5 business days. International orders, will arrive approximately within 12 business days (Less Customs processing). Clear Essence has a full line of products in stock; your order will be shipped on the next business day after you have placed the order. As soon as your order ships out, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with a tracking number; from there you can track your skin care package and see the estimated delivery date, so it’s important you provide your e-mail address during checkout.
- Your exact shipping costs, shipping options, and applicable taxes, if any, will appear in your Shopping Cart. The shipping cost is calculated, based on weight and distance. You may add or remove items to calculate real time shipping cost. You can be charged an additional shipping fee if we have to reship an order multiple times due to an address error. Please verify and confirm your shipping address before placing your order.
- UPS Ground, 2-5 business days, anywhere in the U.S.
- UPS 2nd day Air, 2 business days anywhere in the U.S
- UPS Next Day Air, 1 business day anywhere in the U.S
- USPS Priority Mail, for P.O. Box, APO and Domestic addresses. Approximately 3-5 days anywhere in the U.S.
- UPS Standard International Economy, up to 7 days (Mexico and Canada - Customs processing is not calculated)
- FedEx International Ground, 4-7 days to Canada and Mexico only (Customs processing is not calculated).
- USPS Global Priority Mail, 6-10 days, anywhere around the globe (Customs processing is not calculated).
- Clear Essence is a 30-year-old skin care brand (since 1989) with backed research and development that has kept us a leader in ethnic skin care for many years.
- We take into account all areas of skin care and protection by adding sunscreen to our products and producing specialty lines for those with sensitive skin care needs.
- The products are marked at affordable prices and come in generous sizes (Medicated Fade Crème = 4oz, Ambi Fade Crème = 2oz, Skin Beautifying Milk = 8 oz) to reduce constant re-purchasing.
- Clear Essence skin care products are the result of 20 years of research and development perfecting scientifically effective and results driven products within a niche market for ethnically unique skin types. Clear Essence started its vision of creating tailored skin care products due to the gap within the skin care market for those with pigmentation issues and uneven skin tones.
- Our packaging design alludes to our original target demographic and our history of serving as one of the few skin care brands specifically formulated for darker skin tones.
- However, as research and development has continued we have found that all skin tones can find benefits in using our products. Caucasian and ethnic skin tones alike express great results in using the products for sun discolorations, freckles and age spots.
- Yes sunscreen is very important for everyone to use daily. When using a product to lighten hyperpigmentation or dark spots it is even more important due to an increased sensitivity to the sun and UV rays.
- Melanin is one’s natural sun protection. When we develop a dark spot or hyperpigmentation it is the skin’s way of adding extra pigment as protection for the affected area. By using a product to lighten discoloration you are evening out the melanin distribution and thus need an extra layer of protection to prevent UV damage.
- Sunscreen will also help prevent the area from re-darkening. If you do not use sunscreen you may see the area go back to it’s state before using the product or the area may even become darker than originally.
- No, the product works to lighten pigmentation darker than your natural skin tone. The active ingredient, hydroquinone, is only 2% concentration so it will not bleach the skin from its natural state.
- Everyone’s skin has a natural pigmentation level (or skin tone shade) and the skin will not lose that color unless a powerful product is used to bleach the skin.
- Hydroquinone is the only FDA approved skin lightening ingredient allowed in 2% concentration for over the counter products.
- Hydroquinone is completely safe to use when coupled with sunscreen and appropriate use. Hydroquinone has only received a bad reputation due to people abusing the product and using it to completely whiten the skin or not using sun protection.
- Since the FDA has regulated that over the counter products only have 2% of the ingredient we do not have any products with a higher concentration. At this time, a higher concentration can only be obtained with a doctor’s prescription.
No, Clear Essence products are not intended to bleach the skin. Our products are regulated by the United States FDA and only contain 2% of the lightening ingredient. At this concentration the product will only target pigmentation darker than one's natural skin tone. A much stronger product would be needed to completely alter one's skin tone. This is never been the Clear Essence mission. Our products serve to create an even complexion of one's natural skin color.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid is a lactic, organic acid found in milk, plants, fruits and sugar. It is said that Cleopatra would bathe in milk and it was her secret for beautiful skin.
- According to studies, continued use of AHAs in concentrations of 5-10 percent or more reduces the signs of aging by diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing acne and restoring elasticity. These products also improve skin texture and replace dead skin cells with new cells at a faster rate.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid is used to exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal a beautiful skin tone.
- The combination of Alpha Hydroxy Acid and hydroquinone has been proven to be very effective in removing dark spots and correcting skin discoloration. AHA helps to exfoliate and remove excess dead skin to allow for the hydroquinone ingredient to penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Clear Essence products are found in Wal-Mart (Complexion Soap with AHA, Medicated Fade Crème, Skin Beautifying Milk and new Carrot Oil and Olive Oil in special locations)
- You can find a wider selection at some beauty supply stores
- All current in-stock products can be found on clearessence.com. Customers can also find a nearby store by using our Store Locator.
- Call 1-800-423-0306 to receive information on the closest store in your area
Please check your product and its packaging for the following clues that we give customers:
- The Bluefield Associates logo should be printed in black on the back panel.
- There should be a silver holographic/shiny circular sticker on the back panel displaying a tiled image of this same logo.
- On the very bottom of the package and bottle itself should be the lot number and expiration date printed in black. Ensure the product is not expired or close to expiration.
We also suggest purchasing from our authorized retailers and distributors which can be found on our store locator at https://www.clearessence.com/store-locator. These locations will always carry authentic Clear Essence products. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You may also email images of your product to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take a closer look and give you a positive answer towards your particular item.
- You can begin to notice cleaner skin, less breakouts and dryness reducing in as little as a few days after you start using our skin care products. But if you have dark spots, excessive blemishes or skin discolorations it will take about 4-6 weeks or more depending on the cause, amount and darkness of discoloration and how long you have had this problem.
- Hyper-pigmentation is the excessive production of melanin. It appears on your skin as dark patches. Excessive sun exposure, acne pregnancy and medications often cause this type of skin condition.
- Antioxidants are found in Vitamins A, C, and E. These vitamins have the ability to neutralize free radicals. Vitamin A helps to increase elasticity of our skin. Vitamin C helps to reduce the harsh effects of UV light on the skin by helping to counteract the skin damage initiated by oxidation. Vitamins C and E help reduce visible signs of aging. Recommended: Lemon Line, Olive Oil and Carrot Oil Soap
- Free radicals are harmful organisms produced by ultraviolet radiation, environmental pollution and smoking. They contribute to skin damage.
- Razor bumps, also called pseudofolliculitis barbae, are small, irritated bumps on the skin. They develop after shaving, when strands of hair curl back on themselves and grow into the skin. Razor bumps cause irritation and the development of pimples. They also may cause scarring. Clear Essence recommends: Chimere Men's Grooming 3 Step Kit.
- Clear Essence Skin Care System consists of a range of products designed for different skin types. For dry skin types we recommend using one of our cream or lotion products when trying to treat dark spots. For oily skin types try our cleansers, gels and serums. Combination skin types may have to use multiple products for specific areas to prevent clogged pores or excessive dryness. For sensitive skin we have natural based products.
- Yes, Clear Essence products are for people of all ages. Clear Essence recommends: The Sensitive skin care treatment, and Lemon Plus Vitamin C Natural Skin Care line for individuals with delicate skin. Receive a doctor recommendation for children under 12 years old if wanting to use our products containing hydroquinone. We also have many Baby products to help cleanse and moisturize the skin for babies 3 months and up. Find them on our website!
- This will depend on the cause of the dark spots or blemishes on your skin. If the cause of the dark spots or blemishes has been eliminated (such as acne breakouts), the dark spots should not come back unless irritation to the skin occurs (sun exposure, injury or new acne). We recommend continuous use of Clear Essence products including our Maintenance products found in the My Natural Beauty Line to maintain a smoother, clearer and younger-looking complexion for your skin.
- Clear Essence skin care products are certainly safe to use under makeup.
- Our My Natural Beauty Skin Tone Line was created to specifically maintain one’s skin after achieving a clearer complexion. The line contains natural soap bars (Carrot Oil and Olive Oil soaps) and hydrating natural lotions, oils and sunscreens. The line contains small concentrations of natural lightening ingredients such as lemon and licorice extract to continue providing an even glow.
- We also recommend continued use of sunscreen to protect and maintain your skin tone from the sun and future discolorations or UV damage.
- Clear Essence recommends the Anti Aging Skin Care Treatment or Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Line for the best anti-aging benefits.
- The Skin Beautifying Milk is a body lotion or moisturizer, but it can also be used on the face. It gives an even-toned glow by eliminating age spots, freckles, or dark patches. It also makes the skin feel smoother and helps eliminate dead skin cells, and chemically or sun-damaged skin. The Medicated Fade Crème is a thicker concentrated formula to target specific areas whereas the Skin Milk applies more evenly to cover large areas or to be used on the body. The Swiss Complex Collagen Vitamin E Body lotion or My Natural Beauty Lotion with SPF 15 are good alternatives if you are not looking to lighten any discolorations or even out your skin tone.
- During pregnancy, Clear Essence recommends using Botanical-based products like the Lemon Plus Vitamin C Series and Sensitive Skin Series. The Lemon Plus Vitamin C line uses lemon extract and licorice extract as the lightening ingredient but takes 8-10 weeks of use to improve compared to the Platinum line products (4-6 weeks).